Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Alarm Sounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

bannerman

I have the three-page Rapid pdf datasheet for this chip (https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2012/05/82-0739.pdf dated 6/29/2005).
It says "The SMC0100S & SMC0608S is a one tone and six tone design for alarm sound application CMOS IC."

There are two output pins, BZ1 & BZ2, and a SOFT pin, but there is nothing in the circuit or text to indicate the means of getting six different tones. Please can anyone advise on how the six tones are achieved ?

I used one of these some years ago and I am certain the six tones are always the same as in tone 1 then tone 2 etc until 6 when it loops back to the first.

The chip was designed simply to attract attention by changing tones instead of one drone which people tend to ignore.

The idea of the soft chirp is that when using the chip in an alarm it can be used to signal the alarm on or off by just a small chirp if a short signal is sent to it.

Hope this helps..Al

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back