Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with AC conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaldwyn

Hello,
I have a Haier HWR05XC7 Air conditioning unit which I use to cool a cheese aging room. To make the air conditioner run cooler, it is controlled by a coolbot, which was designed to do just that. I have the system set to keep the room at 52 Fahrenheit and it works great. (The coolbot is designed to keep a room as low as 34 F using only a air conditioner.) However, I would like the fan to shut off when the compressor in the air conditioner is off. I would like to cut down on the airflow in the cheese aging room. Anybody out there who could help me with this?

On another forum I got the following answer:

Remove the unit from the case. Based on the user manual (no wiring schematic found), the fan speed switch must be supplied directly from the on/off switch for the unit. Rewire so that the fan speed switch is supplied directly from the 120-V line that supplies the compressor. Follow conventional wiring codes for safety.

However, when I removed the case from the unit, I got confused by all the electronics and wires. I did find a wiring schematic so I'll post that here with the hope that someone can help me with my question. Thank you very much.

Attachments

• IMG_6214.JPG
    IMG_6214.JPG
    912.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_6231.JPG
    IMG_6231.JPG
    607 KB · Views: 108
The fan motor has a "high" and "low" connections that are wired to some switch, S2 & S4?? It's unclear where the power for that switch is connected, but if you can find it in the switc, then you can connnect it to the compressor relay, pin 3. Before connecting to that realy, make sure it's sufficiently over-rated to handle the extra fan motor load. If not, connect the fan motor through another relay.

Disconnect the H and L wires from the fan switch. If you want just one speed, say low, you can tie the L wire to 'B' connection wire to compressor. If you want high fan when compressor is on then tie H wire to compressor B connection.

The air conditioner looks like it has a UV light air purification system (UV light kills bacteria). It is not clear how this is powered but it likely on all the time since the fan is on all the time. This bulb may stay powered when you rewire the fan to compressor. When fan is off and UV light is on it might overheat and reduce its life. If you don't need it just pull out the bulb. The module probably has a ballast and starter for the flourescent UV bulb. Be careful about looking at the bulb when it is on.

Last edited:
Hello,
I have a Haier HWR05XC7 Air conditioning unit which I use to cool a cheese aging room. To make the air conditioner run cooler, it is controlled by a coolbot, which was designed to do just that. I have the system set to keep the room at 52 Fahrenheit and it works great. (The coolbot is designed to keep a room as low as 34 F using only a air conditioner.) However, I would like the fan to shut off when the compressor in the air conditioner is off. I would like to cut down on the airflow in the cheese aging room. Anybody out there who could help me with this?

Do you have a manual control over the whole system? I mean can you manually turn it on and off or control Fan speed? Maybe you should look at the same place where the manual control seats. Even if is it IR remote you can emulate button press or IR signal itself.

----------------------------
USB-I2C, USB-SPI, USB-GPIO, RS232, RS485, MDIO, Ir, LCD, PWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back