Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with a simple charging circuit Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Yeah a few unknowns here. The transistor versions have some variation with temperature too.
I was thinking about this because i charge Li-ion cells a lot and the cutoff for one of them is around 25ma. I dont definitely need this circuit for that right now but was thinking about it. Right now i just disconnect it when it gets down lower.
He's using this with a super cap so im not sure what kind of cutoff current he's looking for either.

Are there any rechargeable AAs that work well with a simple constant current charge?
Heaps. I've been using a simple constant-current charger with NiCd and NiMH AA cells for years without any problem.

Hi alec,

With the NiMH do you use a timer to time the constant current charging or auto shut off of some type?

A kitchen timer or alarm clock, set for ~ 12 hrs :)

Last edited:
Hi alec,

Oh ok so you went with the high tech solution :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back