Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with a Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

olivergw

Hi, i was wondering whether any has any links or knows how i can make a dual rail power supply, it needs to be +15 - 0 - -15, and give out 100ma, it needs to be a rocky steady output as well, hopefully some one can help thanks

Oli :)

The chips you probably want to use are the 78xx (positive regulator), and the 79xx(negative regulator), along with a cheap transformer, some diodes and some capacitors.

Just google for "7815 7915", or "7812 7912" for 12Volt versions of the circuit. Alternatively go to www.national.com - one of the companies that makes the chip and look for the data sheets.

James

Here's a link for building a power supply
**broken link removed**
but it also insludes +5v and the power rails are 12v/15v depending on how you set it up

alternativly if you can get +/- supply greater than 15v you could use lm317

like this

**broken link removed**

I hate webpages that use ASCII schematics!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back