Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with a pedal midi controller to switch actuation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ubijoux

Hi Guys
I am trying to build a gadget that would accept midi controls to activate a 'up' and a 'down' switch on a stomper I have.
Actually I am using my midi buddy pedal to activate presets on an Alesis Q2...works fine.:)

Now what I would like to do:
When I press let's say pedal '01' on my midi pedal, I would need a midi decoder that would know where it was since the last actuation and activate the 'up' or 'down' switch as many times it need to attain the right preset on this stomper..;)

We have to assume some conditions:

The stomper is always positioned at the first effect..that is 01..

If preset 00 is pressed on Midi-pedal...Reset interface counter to Zeroes
If preset 99 or greater is pressed on Midi pedal...No action required
If midi preset is equal to counter...No action required

If midi preset is within 01-99...react accordingly.(That is tap repeatedly until one reaches the preset sent by midi-pedal - perhaps one can use electronic logic and not relays)

If counter can be kept during switch-off...good, else reset to 01
And preset 00 must be pressed...to reposition everything.

Thus, it would allow me to control this stomper with my midi pedal...:D
Thanks!!
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back