Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with a dual dice pic project

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrZhivago

Hey
As part of my project i have to design and build a dual electronic dice circuit using pic16F84 and it must have a slowdown feature when the button is pressed.
If anyone can help in anyway it would be much appreciated!

Cheers

im not looking for anyone to do my work for me, merely looking for some guidance!!!
i think i have my circuit pretty much done using just series current limiting resistors, leds and the pic-chip, but am unsure if the slowdown can be done with the clk on the chip or wether another oscillator must be used?
Also the spec says it must run on a PP3 battery and as far as i am aware the 16F84 runs on up to 6V, can a reverse polarity protection diode reduce the voltage this much??

Well you need a regulator like a LM780L05 to get the 9V to 5V, or a zener diode. Slowdown should be done in software, the 18F84 has no built in oscillator but a simple RC clock can work.

Its supposed to be that when the putton is pressed the leds flash in a random sequence, slowly coming to stop. the button is to be pressed once and released rather than the majority where the button is held down and the dice stop when it is released

thanks guys,
i think i should be alright with the programming, just one last thing though. I was just researching the zener and LM780L05 and by the sounds of it the
LM780L05 can draw alot of current and drain the battery but i have never used either for reducing voltage. Any help on how it would be connected up to the pic??

cheers

Opps my slip, try LM78L05 and yes you'll need a power switch. Better to use 3 or 4 AA batteries and you can skip the regulator.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back