Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with a 12 volt relay latch on off togle

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbr900rr316

basiclly what I want to do is use a remote control to turn on and off a togle switch under the dash of my car. I want the togle or relay to just allow power to flow thru or not. I do not want it to add power to the line etc.. so basically if i was trying to remote control a set of lights the controller and reciever would have power that would flow or not flow.. thats not my case..

i'm trying to use a remote and a reciever to bascially go to fuse box and eitehr allow current to flow or not via a latching device. I assume a regular auto relay in this case would work.. but how do I wire the relay so that no additional power flows thru the switch. I basically want it as if the fuse box had a fuse in it at one moment and the next it did not. I want to use a remote and reciever to do this so i assume i wire the reciever to ground and power and have that power the relay to allow flow thru the fuse line i'm trying to togle. previously i ran 2 wires to the fuse and put a togle in between now i want to do it with a remote and reciever instead of running wires thru the fire wall of my vehicle. any help would be greatly appreciated... thankx in advance.. jb boston mass!

glad to see we have some electrical guys here tonight.. nobody has a clue. i mean this isnt that hard i'm just not that inclinded in electrical and dont want to break something... i need a remote controlled togle switch with no power on the latch part.. the power is inline already..

Hi cbr900rr316,

patience increases with increasing age. :)

I guess there is nobody shaking a specific circuit out the sleeve of his shirt - which applies to me as well. :)

Here is a circuit which will most probably fit your needs.

You can latch the relay by a momentary positive going pulse on input A. Unlatching is achieved by a pulse on input B.

The relay can stand currents up to 16A (by paralleling terminals).

PM me your email address if you wish to obtain the Eagle files.

Boncuk

Attachments

• LATCHING-RELAY-SCH.gif
    LATCHING-RELAY-SCH.gif
    14.7 KB · Views: 204
  • LATCHING-RELAY-BRD.gif
    LATCHING-RELAY-BRD.gif
    22 KB · Views: 162
  • LATCHING-RELAY-SILK.gif
    LATCHING-RELAY-SILK.gif
    14 KB · Views: 151
  • LATCHING-RELAY-FILL.gif
    LATCHING-RELAY-FILL.gif
    14.8 KB · Views: 154
LOL thanks for reply.. i was 3 days into this and actualy thought it was a different thread... sorry..thanx again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back