Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with 8 program led light controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

kordobachi

I need help with a couple of led xmas lights I bought which uses a 8 function mini controller. I opened it up and took a picture. I installed it just below the roof line and I attached a switch lower to the ground. I noticed that if left switch off for a long period of time the light revert to the original setting of combination (all sequences will be played in intervals) when I had set it to steady on. Since it is too high to reach the controller every time, is there a way to keep it steady on by uhmm I don't know maybe cutting a connection or jumping one? Any help would be great. Thanks.

The 8 Functions
1. Combination
2. In Waves
3. Steady On
4. Slow Glow
5. Chasing
6. Slow FAde
7. Twinkle
8. Steady On

There's nothing to alter there the IC is the blob under that little board no way to do anything with it even if you could get to it it's silicon right on the PCB. You could detach the push button though and run a wire to a better location as long as it wasn't too far a way. If you have any old telephone cable floating around that should be sufficient for a remote run of a dozen feet or so. Those types of switch are momentary push button, all you'd need is a soldering iron and a few minutes. Just hot glue where the wire exits the casing very well to seal it, same with the remote switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back