Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with 700ma LED driver Ckt

Status
Not open for further replies.

samboy2005

hi Guys .
I have to design a circuit that would drive a 3.2 Volt LED @ 700ma from a 4.8Volt NiMh battrey Pack for atleast 5 hours , doing the math i think min. battrey capacity needed would be 4000mAH .
But the problem is driving the LED at a constant current of 700ma as the voltage drops down .

Can anyone help please??

Thanks

That is some LED to pull almost 3/4 of an amp. What is it being used for. Can you pulse the LED to extend the battery life?

Can you provide more details.

Are you sure it's designed to run at 700mA continuously or is that just the absolute maximum rating?

Obviously the LED will need a heatsink.

I'd recommend a switched mode power supply, even if it's a simple open-loop design. Using four 4000mAh C cells and an 80% efficient switching regulator it should last about 7 hours.

Here's another example. Of course the components will need to e changed to give you 700mA.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/led-switching-regulator.41375/
led-driver-gif.22217

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back