Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with 555

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this is your first post, I can't tell if you are really serious (circa, 1950's) or naive to the 21st century.

Maybe if you gave a little more information, your questions can be solved here without adding unnecessary carbon dioxide to the atmosphere.

John

I am in West Palm Beach. 3-4 hours away. But like said, we need more info and there is really no reason to travel for this. There is so much information on the 555 on the internet. Did you try google? I have tubes of 555's if you need any.

Every time I try to send to you with thuis site (with attachment) it won't let me and shuts me down. I need you email address please.
Jim Beck

Hi can you help me with a little 555 circuit. What am I doing wrong?

I want it to when the 4n29 is powered the relay stays “as is”

When the 4n29 is UN powered I want ~ 3 minutes to go by and the relay changes state.

When the 4n29 is re-powered the relay goes back.
I have been putzen with this thing for a couple days and can’t seem to get it to do anything.

Can you help me please.

Jim Florida

Jimbeck007@verizon.net 727 943-0057

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 122
I don't see any relay in the schematic. Is the LED taking its place while you develop the circuit?

The 555 appears to be wired pretty much right, but I can't tell if it will do what you want it to do, because I am not sure what it is you want to do.

Take these two of your specifications:
I want it to when the 4n29 is powered the relay stays “as is”
When the 4n29 is UN powered I want ~ 3 minutes to go by and the relay changes state.
When the 4n29 is re-powered the relay goes back.

How will the 555 know whether it is the first time the 4N29 is powered or the second, third, fourth, etc. time? Is there some time-off period after which when the 2N29 is re-powered, there would be no change in state? Are you simply looking for a latching circuit?

As for the 4N29, it is permanently in the circuit, so I assume by powered and unpowered you are referring to its LED emitter.

My best guess is that you want the 4N29 to control the delayed operation of a relay driven by a 555. Can you expand a little more on what you need (i.e., the bolded text in the quotes)?

John

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back