Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with 13x19 led matrix please

Status
Not open for further replies.

aanderson144

Hi I'm currently working on my first LED matrix. The problem I have run into is how to power it correctly. The Rows of 19 are the cathode and the columns of 13 are the anode. The LED's are standard red. I estimate that I'll need 260 ma to correctly power the columns. I intend to use 2 uln2803's to sink the rows. My problem is how to power them I'm trying to shy away from using any of the UDN drivers. I will be controlling the matrix with a pic18f4685. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mind you this is only my second project.

I made a switchable 5 and 3.3 volt power supply for my bread board based on the one sparkfun sells. Which acording to my multimeter works fantastic.

Last edited:
If it helps here is a schematic of how I have it setup thus far.
Again any help would be very appreciative.

Attachments

• LED Matrix 13x19.jpg
    LED Matrix 13x19.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,955
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back