Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help whit Emp or Herf project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_101

Hi im new in this site and i need some help whit an experiment.

I have seen sites on the net that say that it is posible to build a short range "like 6 to 12 inches" and it can be caried in the pocket.

I find this to be an iteresting project. I have heard that in some sstates they are Ilegal so i cheked here in PR and i dont have a problem .

I wonder if this is posible and if some one can give me an :idea: idea or schematics on how to do this. Or Can some one give me any other idea on how to disrupt an electrical circuite from a short distance again"6 to 12 inches"

Note: I have search other topics here about Emp Herf but non had an especific detail & this is only for EDUCATIONAL purpose & and it lokcs like a good hoby.

This project is not eduactional or suitable for amateur tinkering.

Though I suspect you would find some help in one of the many
high voltage or Tesla forums around the world..

Speaking of around the world...
Has anyone come across any more news from Canneto di Caronia?

Original Story.

ROME (Reuters) - A Sicilian town is struggling to work out why dozens of household items from fridge-freezers to furniture keep mysteriously bursting into flame, terrifying locals and sparking theories of demonic intervention.

Since mid-January dozens of electrical goods and pieces of furniture have spontaneously gone up in flames, causing huge damage in Canneto di Caronia, a small town perched on the Mediterranean island's rocky coast.

"I've seen unplugged electrical cables burst into flames with my own eyes, but I just can't explain it," a local policeman who did not want to be named said Wednesday. "I've never seen anything like it."

Some fires have spread to engulf homes and police temporarily evacuated some 40 residents.

"There has been a sense of panic and people have been evacuated from their homes," said Salvatore Mezzopane, who works at the town hall. "We're trying to find the cause of the fires but there are no answers yet."

Italian utility Enel tried cutting power to the town after the first reports but the fires continued. With experts no closer to explaining the phenomenon, theories ranged from arson to a freak power surge or even the supernatural.

I wonder.....

hmm, "Sicilian authorities test giant EMP generator under town". Can't see it to be honest. How cool if they did though...

"Sicilian authorities test giant EMP generator under town"
If they did...well we , the public would be the last to find out :lol:

A trivial example of such a device, say 10 GW 5 GHz HPM,
capable of illuminating a footprint of 400 to 500 metres diameter,
(events in Sicily were more localised than this)
would have a total mass of around 350 kilograms with overall dimensions
that are more than capable of fitting in a small truck / van / workshop

The theory behind the E-bomb was proposed in 1925
by physicist Arthur H. Compton. "Any nation with even a 1940s technology base could make them," says Carlo Kopp, an Australian-based expert on high-tech warfare. "The threat of E-bomb proliferation is very real." POPULAR MECHANICS estimates a basic weapon could be built for $400.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back