Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help!!! Vista / Eagle problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Varmint

Sorry for posting in ****-chat. Probably could be a better place but I need help.

I've never seen this problem before but got a new laptop with Vista on it. I copied my custom library into c:\Program Files\Eagle 4.16\lbr

Then I added a new part. Well I wanted to back it up and I cannot find it. I searched, I looked in explorer. Then I go back to Eagle and it says it's there. I rebooted and Eagle still says it's there so I tried to copy from the "open library" feature and Vista says it's no longer there. I am dumb founded????

Microsoft just another virus.

Sorry for posting in ****-chat. Probably could be a better place but I need help.

I've never seen this problem before but got a new laptop with Vista on it. I copied my custom library into c:\Program Files\Eagle 4.16\lbr

Then I added a new part. Well I wanted to back it up and I cannot find it. I searched, I looked in explorer. Then I go back to Eagle and it says it's there. I rebooted and Eagle still says it's there so I tried to copy from the "open library" feature and Vista says it's no longer there. I am dumb founded????

No the only thing that is wrong is Vista Beta just another product released before they actually worked out the bugs.

Give it another few (Iterations) then it will work properly.

Maybe ?

Although it's plausible that (Vista is spamware) an Microsoft is just working for the Government in order to secretly gather information about us. Maybe they agreed to it in order to keep from being shut down for Illegal Profiteering. :D

kv:eek:

No the only thing that is wrong is Vista Beta just another product released before they actually worked out the bugs.

Give it another few (Iterations) then it will work properly.

Maybe ?

Although it's plausible that (Vista is spamware) an Microsoft is just working for the Government in order to secretly gather information about us. Maybe they agreed to it in order to keep from being shut down for Illegal Profiteering. :D

kv:eek:

Alright. Everytime I try and try to teach you something you mock me...

Well I figured out what I had to do. I went into the sheet file and opened the library I just updated and saved it to a new directory and finally got it. Everything I tell you is true. It's just when will you get it? It's lemming dancing to the tune of the pied piper. Is there comfort in numbers? Are with the IN crowd? I have only told you the truth.

I will say this. There is a part in the bible which is the word of God....though I'm sure you don't believe that either....but it says that the lord shall send them strong delusion that they should believe a lie.

I'm telling the truth and you don't hear me. You spend more times devising ways to slander me than to actually research what I say. Work! Go to Work! No wonder China is getting all our jobs. Are you so lazy?

Sorry, I thought you had a funny bone.

Alright. Everytime I try and try to teach you something you mock me...

Didn't mean it. And that's the truth.

Well I figured out what I had to do. I went into the sheet file and opened the library I just updated and saved it to a new directory and finally got it. Everything I tell you is true. It's just when will you get it? It's lemming dancing to the tune of the pied piper. Is there comfort in numbers? Are with the IN crowd? I have only told you the truth.

Glad you figured it out. I'm sure someone will appreciate it. Now that it's on the forum.
I will say this. There is a part in the bible which is the word of God....though I'm sure you don't believe that either....but it says that the lord shall send them strong delusion that they should believe a lie.

That's an assumption I choose this word because it also can apply to me on occasion. Especially with my kids.

I'm telling the truth and you don't hear me. You spend more times devising ways to slander me than to actually research what I say. Work! Go to Work! No wonder China is getting all our jobs. Are you so lazy?

In business we are all out to get our own and it's to expensive when cheep labor and no restrictions are allowed. We do business with them because they can kill people without regard to the Media exposing them.

Didn't mean it. And that's the truth.

Glad you figured it out. I'm sure someone will appreciate it. Now that it's on the forum.

That's an assumption I choose this word because it also can apply to me on occasion. Especially with my kids.

In business we are all out to get our own and it's to expensive when cheep labor and no restrictions are allowed. We do business with them because they can kill people without regard to the Media exposing them.

I appreciate ya Bro.

Just, I'm gonna stand for the truth. Snuff me out today, tomorrow or next year. It don't matter. I'm gonna stand for the truth.

What's that old saying? I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

Spend more time developing your own Ideas. Be a mentor. Not a conspirator.

I appreciate ya Bro.

Just, I'm gonna stand for the truth. Snuff me out today, tomorrow or next year. It don't matter. I'm gonna stand for the truth.

What's that old saying? I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

Wait a minute isn't it the Christian thing to do. That is living on your knees.

That is about the amount of control you have in this current situation with the world at large. You will not rally any support but what you will do is create a lot of confusion.

Stay on your feet and contribute to the better for mankind. Have something to tell your children.

Keep away from things that can be only a rabbit trail (Conspiracy Theories.)

What we need in this country is a revitalization and a desire to rise up. To get the youth to see above their own needs and see the possibility of who they can become.

It's anger and fear that drives you. Not knowledge.

If you put as much time and energy into creating out of your own hand an then teach it to someone it is your legacy.

That is the greatest sacrifice. Your time is your life passing this attitude down to tomorrow's children would be your greatest gift.

kv :D Whoooa !

If you look half way down the first page of this thread, you will see I had the same problem last July. My solution was to switch to XP.

Mike.

If you look half way down the first page of this thread, you will see I had the same problem last July. My solution was to switch to XP.

Mike.

Oh great great! I'm glad somebody knows what I'm talking about. Most here already got me figured for some kind of a loon.

That was the oddest thing. I like allot of things about Vista, like being able to turn my computer off...lol. But that one took me for a loop. Here I busted out some work on a Sunday and was kinda proud of myself. I went shew...finally done with that. So I try to back it up and spent twice as long just trying to do that. I started getting Mad! I mean, every single event that called the operating system into play, denied the file even existed. When I tried to copy it, I got this prompt that said something like..."that file is no longer located here" ....and all you could do was say "OK". It pissed me off!

That is why I gave up on Vista. The only way I could find to get around this bizarre feature of Vista was to do SaveAs in Eagle.

Mike.

That is why I gave up on Vista. The only way I could find to get around this bizarre feature of Vista was to do SaveAs in Eagle.

Mike.

Hey Pommie! You must be up now. Sorry. Yep, that's exactly what I discovered. Didn't like the trial and error period I had to go through though.

Good solution, that's what I suggest to anyone that has problems with Vista too. I hope the program Microsoft puts out next year is much improved.

Yeah but I can't stand having to sit there and watch my computer completely shut down. It always hangs on Adobe. Vista is cool in that way. Man, I can just hit the power switch and go.

I've never used Vista and don't intend to either after hearing so many bad things about it.

Got another problem!

I go into Eagle and place a part in the schematic but it won't come up on the board! I opened the library and checked the device name to make sure the package and symbol are there. They are. So I delete the part then call it up again. Even run a wire to it and still no part on the board. The Eagle ERC even points out that the schematic and board are inconsistent.

Man! I'm about ready to switch back to XP!

SV

I will agree with staying away from vista, it's from hell, because it will make your life hell, seems it has started already for you.
You said laptop? did you buy it with vista, not all laptops can be turned to XP without warranty implications.
Now that's another one these capitalist bastards have dished out on us.

Did you know that shortly after Vista's release, Vista's successor have been announced by Microsoft. What does that tell you about Vista...... it's rubbish, utter rubbish. It's an in-betweener of some sort, probably to make money to launch its successor without cost to company, who knows.

As to the quote:
but it says that the lord shall send them strong delusion that they should believe a lie.
From what passage have you read that? I'm sure that what you think was not what was meant. I have various reasons why I say so, but I might get to that later on.

SV

I will agree with staying away from vista, it's from hell, because it will make your life hell, seems it has started already for you.
You said laptop? did you buy it with vista, not all laptops can be turned to XP without warranty implications.
Now that's another one these capitalist bastards have dished out on us.

Did you know that shortly after Vista's release, Vista's successor have been announced by Microsoft. What does that tell you about Vista...... it's rubbish, utter rubbish. It's an in-betweener of some sort, probably to make money to launch its successor without cost to company, who knows.

As to the quote:
but it says that the lord shall send them strong delusion that they should believe a lie.
From what passage have you read that? I'm sure that what you think was not what was meant. I have various reasons why I say so, but I might get to that later on.

It's right here:

Thessalonians II

{2:11}
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that
they should believe a lie: {2:12} That they all might be
damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in
unrighteousness.

Anyway, about Vista. It has some good features but I do see the bugs. I guess I will try to make another part and see if that works.

Alright, that wasn't too terribly bad. I just had to delete the board file and make a new one. I would have been POed if it was all laid out.

But yeah, I'm using a laptop. It's an El cheapo. An Acer but I am pretty impressed with it for the money.

Don't know much about Acer laptops, I do know that Asus laptops seem to have the least comebacks at this point in time.
They are also not overpriced.
I gather you'll be sticking with Vista. The handbrake OS.

I think what KV originally meant, was that it's quite possible for MS to know what is happening on your machine. It can happen so inconspicuously in the back-ground, you will not even know it.
How else can you explain how they suddenly clamp down on firms using illegal copies of their software, just out the blue. Because if on-line, the OS sends bits of info back to MS..... very possible.

As to your quote, the point everything swings about is the term unrighteousness.
Being unrighteous is not something physical, but I think, more spiritual, and has to do only with the person being unrighteous. It's that spiritual something causing him/her to become unrighteous. And because of that, he will believe the lie (the lie can be more that one thing), and ultimately perish.
That's kinda how I understand it.

Don't know much about Acer laptops, I do know that Asus laptops seem to have the least comebacks at this point in time.
They are also not overpriced.
I gather you'll be sticking with Vista. The handbrake OS.

I think what KV originally meant, was that it's quite possible for MS to know what is happening on your machine. It can happen so inconspicuously in the back-ground, you will not even know it.
How else can you explain how they suddenly clamp down on firms using illegal copies of their software, just out the blue. Because if on-line, the OS sends bits of info back to MS..... very possible.

As to your quote, the point everything swings about is the term unrighteousness.
Being unrighteous is not something physical, but I think, more spiritual, and has to do only with the person being unrighteous. It's that spiritual something causing him/her to become unrighteous. And because of that, he will believe the lie (the lie can be more that one thing), and ultimately perish.
That's kinda how I understand it.

There are parts in Isaiah also talking about the lord will blind their minds.

It's real simple. Most people don't want to know the truth and don't care. For this cause he will get them to buy the ridiculous argument that 19 Muslims living in caves with a couple of laptops got some box cutters and defeated the greatest military air defense the world has ever known.

It's unbelievable how many people buy that crap. I think it is because they want to. You know.....Don't worry, be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back