Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hELP: VALUE OF L AND C

Status
Not open for further replies.
iF I WANT this circuit to receive waves of 180khz, what should i keep the value of L, C and please also suggest the no. of turns for L

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 156
number of turns changes with radius + diameter,

to find L, use an "induction calculator"

to find frequency, google "lc calculator"

you can use the L and C to create a bandpass filter, if you didn't already know that, basically you want the impedance of the L and C to be the same, that way they cancel each other out and allow current to pass. so to do that we use the equations: Xc= 1/[2pi(f)C] and XL= 2pi(f)L. so you want your frequency to be 180kHz so we plug that in for 'f'. next all you have to do is pick an impedance to set for both the C and the L. for this example I'll choose 500ohms. so now you plug 500ohms in for Xc and XL. then just use algebra to solve C and L giving you the values for the components.

Keep in mind you may get a significant amount of capacitance to ground that adds to tank circuit if you use a long wire antenna.

you can use the L and C to create a bandpass filter, if you didn't already know that, basically you want the impedance of the L and C to be the same, that way they cancel each other out and allow current to pass. so to do that we use the equations: Xc= 1/[2pi(f)C] and XL= 2pi(f)L. so you want your frequency to be 180kHz so we plug that in for 'f'. next all you have to do is pick an impedance to set for both the C and the L. for this example I'll choose 500ohms. so now you plug 500ohms in for Xc and XL. then just use algebra to solve C and L giving you the values for the components.

So , i need to keep some impedance for Xc and Xl. thanks...

lennon_7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back