Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP! University Project - Wireless/Remote Control Plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullers06

Hi Guys,

Im currently in my final year on and Industrial Design Technology course which requires myself as a student to design and produce a prototype product.

My idea is to design a household energy meter with wireless/remote control plugs so that a user can switch off individual plugs from different points around the house. When I proposed the idea to my tutors they said it was a good concept yet I needed to construct and show the remote control plugs working. One tutor suggested using a induction loop/coil clipped around a power cable which could be switched on and off, in turn affecting the power to each individual appliance.

My electronics knowledge is limited and i only know the basics. There is alot of help in the department but it is not always constant. I was just wondering if someone could help me out with regards to a remote control/wireless plug or maybe an induction coil/clip concept.

Any help is more than appreciated!

Thanks

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back