Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help to winding etd bobbin with center tap ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arvinfx

This is schematic of my trans and it have 2x4 turn primary with center tap and secondary 2x15 turn with center tap.

**broken link removed**

But i have no idle to winding above tnans in the real world on the etd39 bobbin ! :(

Anybody can tell me (with picture ) step by step how to do this pleaseeeeee:eek:

This is schematic of my trans and it have 2x4 turn primary with center tap and secondary 2x15 turn with center tap.

**broken link removed**

But i have no idle to winding above tnans in the real world on the etd39 bobbin ! :(

Anybody can tell me (with picture ) step by step how to do this pleaseeeeee:eek:

hi,
The 'dot' near the ends of the winding mean the start of the winding.
Get two lengths of the wire and wind the primary using the lengths of the wire, that is two turns at the same time.
Repeat the for the secondary winding.

On the primary join the end of one winding to the start of the other. Do the same for the secondary

Attachments

• 10430-72dc20baa5.jpg
    10430-72dc20baa5.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 261
  • 10429-ca4953be67.gif
    10429-ca4953be67.gif
    724 bytes · Views: 221
Last edited:
if you have a sch, why not place it or part of it here and it helps to settle faster !!!

I wound with above configuration and it`s work !
But look at this output waves

But i found the real voltage wave out is this:

Look at the v1 in the pic, it not look like my circuite! :confused:

The schematic i try to build is this:

Thanks for your advice ...

hi,
Most transformer will 'ring' when driven by a square wave IF they are not correctly terminated, you must have the full circuit connected on the output.

Why dont you post your images directly to the Forum.???

Use 'Go Advanced' then 'Manage Attachments' and upload from your PC, much easier....

The supply mentioned in the link, schematic attached , doesn't have any regulation or feed back loop. Perhaps it can be better designed.

Attachments

• power supply.PNG
    power supply.PNG
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,379
When i disconnect the diods from secondary the wave out going to normal style !

Umm... i learn now ok , anyway can u see above scope pictures?

You will want to "interleave" the windings... wind half (7.5 turns) of your secondary, then wind the primary (4 turns) and then finish winding the secondary (7.5 turns). This will also reduce the ringing due to leakage inductance and power dissapated in your snubbers.

CONGRATS, but trying such thing ob breadboard is almost an adventure,
perhaps dangerous too. It is better that in future you might make some soldered board and then test instead of suffering from the breadboard evils especially for power circuits.

CONGRATS, but trying such thing ob breadboard is almost an adventure,
perhaps dangerous too. It is better that in future you might make some soldered board and then test instead of suffering from the breadboard evils especially for power circuits.

Many adept men in electronic tell me that point.

Is this soldered board?

Attachments

• SolderedBoardBack.jpg
    SolderedBoardBack.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
that appears fine for your needs
later if interested you can develop your own PCB artwork for the circuit

Great for trying and completing your project and getting it to work, and attaching a photo.
The final touch can be done at a later stage.
It takes often the same amount of time to built a suitable enclosure, as designing and building the circuit.

Thanks

Yes, the PCB and Packaging the circuit is long term procedure ...

In new i need self-filter in outputs any body have formula for it?

Hi, The project is down and is on the final pcb now.

The efficiency tested and it is about 75-80% under 2.2A current in the output and ripple is 100mv rms and vpp is 240mv. :p

Thanks for your advice...

Attachments

• DSC00064.jpg
    DSC00064.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC00068.jpg
    DSC00068.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 2,485
  • DSC00073.jpg
    DSC00073.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 205
Status