Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help to control a simple electric bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamyfriend

Hi Everyone

Good to be here. I want to control a simple electric bulb with my PC. I am very absolute beginner and do no have idea of electronics but a good command on C# language. Please guide me accordingly.

Thank You So Much :)

Hi dreamyfriend,

Your c# program may have 2 buttons.

1. ON
2. OFF

When you click on ON, it will send this information through a serial port to the microcontroller's RX port. The microcontroller will turn ON a triac, this triac will turn ON/OFF the electric bulb.

Or to avoid microcontroller I may use the cd/dvd drive. C# ON button will eject the drive and the tray will hit a microswitch, which would turn ON the bulb. To turn it OFF, I can then download "Eject and Close CD Tray Version 1.0.0.0" a commandline application from Softpedia to open and close cd/dvd drive. Then call this program from C# GUI which contains 2 buttons as mentioned before

1. ON
2. OFF

Ok, hope others may give you better suggestion.

Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back