Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help to build digital car speedo meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamalsolimen

hello

i start to build digital car speedo meter i have honda civic 93

i dont know Vehicle Speed Sensor output its frequency or voltage , mhz = volt = speed

i will use pic16f877a and LM2907 if output is frequency

and i need help to build circuit digram

thanks

It's derived from the same sensor that has always been in the gearbox.... Frequency.. I can't tell you how many pulses per wheel revolution... This will not be written down anywhere..... The pic will be able to monitor the frequency directly.... You could just use the CCP module....

You would need to monitor the frequency output at a know speed to work out the frequency....

The abbreviation CCP stands for Capture/Compare/PWM.
**broken link removed**
There are many different ways to use a timer.
It is possible the signal from the speedometer cable too fast for the computer to count so a timer can count very fast and help the software.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back