Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help TIP146/TIP147

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bibo

Hello,

I am new in this field, I am trying to repair a B&O amplifier, the left chanel doesn't work properly, and it is overheating, there is like 2 pair of 3 transistor for each chanel, and they look like TIP146 AND TIP147. Do you think changing those transistors will fix the problem, and the writing is not clear if it is tip746 or tip146 could u please advise.

Bibo

Bibo said:
Hello,

I am new in this field, I am trying to repair a B&O amplifier, the left chanel doesn't work properly, and it is overheating, there is like 2 pair of 3 transistor for each chanel, and they look like TIP146 AND TIP147. Do you think changing those transistors will fix the problem, and the writing is not clear if it is tip746 or tip146 could u please advise.

They are probably TIP141 (NPN) and TIP146 (PNP), darlington power transistors, a pair of these are good for about 50/60W.

You 'might' be lucky, and replacing just those might cure the problem, but it's quite likely that something else caused them to fail - often just replacing the output devices will make them fail again in a fairly short time.

If you gave us the model # maybe we could find a schematic for it and chase all of the Questions away. All of the info you can find on it would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back