Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help!! Term for Capacitor and Inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

alesteryew

I am weak in analog electronic. There is a capacitor with 60F/2.3v. The rated voltage 2.3v, does it means that the supply voltage (source) cannot greater than 2.3v during charging? During discharging, is the discharge voltage = 2.3v?

I am also confuse with the different bet inverter and HEX inverter. May someone tell me more about them?
Thanks

the rated voltage means that u shouldnt exceed this value across the capacitor.

it is usual practice to use a capacitor with a rating double than the supply voltage. for instance if u have an input voltage of 25 volts the the capacitors should be 50V. thats just a precaution, but u should practice it when possible.

i remember that when i used to go in the basic electronics lab we guys would grab a 16V electrolytic capacitor and put it on a 20V supply (in reverse) BANG!!!!!! i loved that sound and all that smoke :lol:

a hex inverter means that the IC has six (hex) inverters. like the 7404 has six inverters. im sorry i havent heard about the bet inverter.

an inverter is the simplest circuit in digital electronics. it just inverts the output.

Thanks. the bet is short form for the word "between"..hehe..pls dont get confuse.

How about the output voltage value of a capacitor when discharged? i mean how we gonna to know or calculate.

okay i get the "bet"

about the capacitors, well if u have studied basic circuit analysis u must know that when a voltage is applied across a capacitor a displacement current begins to flow inside the capacitor. the voltage rises gradually uptil it reaches the voltage applied across its terminals. at that time the current becomes zero. this is the charging phase. now the discharging phase begins by a displacement current and the gradual decrease of voltage until both the current and the voltage are zero.

u should consult books on circuit analysis and see the transient equations.

its something like

Vc = Vo e ^ (-t/RC)

i hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back