Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP Special Time Delay Relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

DZ12488

I need a little help with a relay circuit that is like a time delay ,BUT Its function will be as I have described Below!
I have customer that has a sliding door with a limit switch on it , and as the door opens till it hits the limit switch distance, it will allow positive 12vdc to flow to this RELAY Circuit and Instantly turn on a Light . NOW if the door is open longer than ONE (or set delay time ) minute it will trip the on board relay and resulting in cutting power to the light the relay is powering . SO Then when the door is shut again,( nothing happens or) relay stays in the Normal position UNTIL you open the door again and trip the switch in the door and flow 12vdc to the relay circuit ."BUT NOW" .. My customer wants: IF you Open the door and close it again (BEFORE )the preset time delay off is timed out , it will cut power to the light as a regular switch in the door . The only time it will cut power to the light on the delay cycle with out you physically shutting the door is when the time the door opened is longer than the adjust time delay off 0-5 min. REMEMBER if the door is closed before the set time is timed out it will cut power to the light like as a regular switch! All suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!
THANKS to all that try to help me out!

You can just use a simple pulse extender on the switch function implemented with a 555 timer IC; see attached schematic

Attachments

• extender.jpg
    extender.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 181
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back