Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help selling Hitachi V-422 40Mhz Oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashmeplease

Hi, I have an old Hitachi V-422 40Mhz Oscilloscope that I would like to sell, however I have no idea what it's potential value might be? It is in working order, minus certified calibration, and no probe leads. I was thinking about £25 just to get rid of it, I know it's old, but this does seem cheap. How much would you pay for an old scope?

Any help appreciated.

That seems very reasonable, no calibration certificate is of no consequence, it's really of no meaning at all - except for businesses trying to meet ISO standards (where you need a paper work trail for everything).

You could probably get £50 for the scope without much bother.

I would say £50 if it is in nice clean condition, coming down to £20 if it is scruffy.

Advertise it at £50 and prepare to haggle!

JimB

Thanks for the response, I think I will try £35 as it does have a rather large dent on the bottom, there's no hiding that it must have been dropped at some point in its lifetime! Still works though, I wish I didn't have to get rid of it!

Just sell it to me! I need an oscilloscope for my projects. Where were you planning on selling it? eBay?

One secondhand oscilloscope... £35
Cost of shipping from South Yorkshire to Pennsylvania... enormous
Paying attention in school geography lessons... priceless!!:D:D:D

JimB

Last edited:
One secondhand oscilloscope... £35
Cost of shipping from South Yorkshire to Pennsylvania... enormous
Paying attention in school geography lessons... priceless!!:D:D:D

JimB

English humor?

I never pay attention in school :D I'm always doing this or drawing circuits in my spare time. I don't have time to learn anything! I've got to design things that either don't work, or nobody will ever use!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back