Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help selection Oscope, 4ch, data logging, wave form calcs

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastline

We are still looking for a scope solution for the shop. It seems hopeless to find a PC driven solution so looking at bench top scopes. Regarding speed of the scope, nearly anything newer that is out there will have more than enough speed for us. The issue really comes in with data logging, memory, compatibility to offload data to PC, etc.

ALSO, our main goal with this is to find a scope that will test power quality, THD, true KWH, power factor, etc. This might be an unreasonable expectation but want to make sure. Problem is for the price of some of these power quality meters, you can get a nice scope that would have MUCH better resolution of the wave form and the only other thing you need is software to calculate the values.

I would be open to a platform where we would create our own calcs based on the waveforms and offsets. Maybe it is best to have 2 meters here but I would love to find something that is a catch all. Working with small class D power supplies lately is really showing that I need more equipment.

EDIT - point of reference. I found the Yokogawa DL-750 and is exactly what we are looking for but also a whole LOT more. Actually might be able to cover our DAQ needs as well as power quality and scope. I am real curious now if other companies make something like this? 16ch, 10mhz sampling on all channels, daq, math functions for calculating like a power meter, etc. Pretty damn neato!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back