Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help select a new name for Electro Tech!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ElectroMaster said:
Hi All,

You have arrived at the New Name post. I asking for the Electro Tech members to help brainstorm a new name so post your suggestions

I have a few to start us off:

Electronics Forum
Electro Hobbiest
Electric Hobby Forum

See I really need some creative minds to help!!!
I realy like existing name, it's the best description I can imagine. But since forum is growing up...

BTW: please read my PM regarding new Moderator!

I also like "electro tech" as the name.

the PM he's talking about is that nigel shod becoe a moderator.

Is this going to change the web address also? Cuz if the web address is changed, I think it would be a good idea to lose the dashes in between the words . . .

But I have to agree that i really like the name electro tech :lol:

I like the the existing one now it fit's perfect
and it is what everyone is used to.

but if it must be changed, maybe call it uworld. u = micro.

why micro world? because 99% of the website consists of a forum where users from around the world can post messages, and micro, because this site focuses on electronics, and many electronic components can be micrometers in size, especially when they are embedded in an IC.

Ummm, yes, I agree with Jay, someoneelectro, samcheetah, gtaman etc....

Why change? Any particular reason? I too am quite happy with the name.

I think the present name is adequate.

However, if you do change it make sure you spell the new name correctly.

Hobbiest ? No. Hobbyist.

I just remembered something that in my opinion should be changed, unless you can convince me otherwise (which you probably can) :lol:

On the bar at the top of internet explorer, it says :free electronic projects circuits diagrams. This isnt a site that just stores schematics and wut not, its a place to come and discuss electronics and/or get help.

Maybe it should say something like: electronics discussion, free electronics help . . . Im not very imaginative so im sure someone can think of something better :wink:

Hey 009, just out of curiousity, why is it that you always post and then post again within a minute? Trying to become an electronics god quicker? :lol:

I also like ElectroTech,
but in my opinion it should also include "many good, helpfull people". :)

I like the current name, this forum is also referenced often by several other non-electronic forums I frequent. This place is pretty famous as a source of information for people who need electronics help but aren't sure of what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back