Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP!!!!RFIF for monitoring+tracking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzuddin

could someone help me...my project used active rfid to monitor attandance and locate student location in university...could someone tell me step by step how get this project on running..i've search some on net..but i have no clue to how start..please help me...

I am in the same boat but a little simpler. You will need at least UHF tags to allow the range you require then you need three readers/interrogators... then you will need to develop the software to perform triangulation to locate the exact co-ordinates of the asset. There are a number of different ways this is done but the most used today is DTOA differential time of arrival... this should get you started... you will need to extend on the software then to calculate the attendence with reference to a database of the students.

thanks for the information..have you any specific web or journal that i can refer to?if there are please tell me...:(

thats the problem.... The best thing would be to get one of those RFID development packs but they are very pricey... in the process of shopping around... If you are a newbie... Why not pick up one of those "RFID for dummies" which is very informative in english and then move on from there. Thats what I done.

RFID development packs? i've got RFIDs Start Kit you can see it here **broken link removed** the manual is hard to understand..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back