Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help required for stm8s series??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfsingh81

Hello, this is my first post here. I have been working with PICs for sometime in Basic. I have reasonable knowledge of C and I am trying to get started with STM8S series and bought the Discovery board. I have to admit that I have not found anything this hard before compared to finding information on how to get started with ST MCUs.

All I want is information on how to initialize ports, use peripherals and blink an LED. But all I get from almost everywhere is people talking about what they did and not how they did it. Company videos show why is their MCU better and what it can do, somewhere they also said follow tutorial on 8S-Discovery page, but there is no link to any sort of turorial.
You tube videos aren't much help either. Can someone point this absolute beginner with no ST MCUs knowledge to the right direction where some actual basic level coding information is available. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back