Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help repairing dab radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark S.

Hi,

I have a dab radio that i am trying to repair. Over a period of time the aerial has become slack to the point where it regularly falls and hits the surface it resides on.

Yesterday I could'nt access any stations, so i opened the radio to find that the cable that should be attached to the aerial has broken loose.

A couple of questions. Bearing in mind i am not experienced in such matters.

The cable that has come loose has an outer and inner core and the aerial has a connection in the middle and outside. Which connects to which?

Do the two connections on the aerial have holes to poke the wire through? I can't see holes because of the solder and i don't have a desolder tool.

Any advice to a novice solderer on the subject?

Thanks

Mark

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back