Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Relay Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrYu

I bought a relay, but I don't know how to hook it up. it's a 30A relay..
i'm a littlebit confuse the relay have 5 pins but in the diagram it's only says 4 Lead Relay.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
OEM Datasheet attached shows the same. Two of the pins are internally shorted together.

Attachments

• bs_901.pdf
    148.3 KB · Views: 264
Am i right connecting the wires in the relay and putting the voltage source(12v) in "B" or in the "A"(is not inverted)?

broken link removed

Last edited by a moderator:
The label in your second photo that says "NC" (which means "not connected) is incorrect, because it's actually another connection to "Pole". You can leave it hanging - but remember it will be connected to the bulb in your circuit, or you can connect it to "pole", or you can use it instead of "pole" if it makes the wiring easier.

Yes, the coil connections, A and B are where you connect the 12V - they can be either way round with regards to + and -.

how about this:
A1, A2 = Coil Connections
COM = "Common or "working contact"
NO = Normally Open
NC = Normally Closed

Attachments

• relay.png
    relay.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 123
Good point - I never thought of that. But the O/P's relay only has 5 connections - the "form A" style. Photo's have disappeared though.

the link i posted shows version with form-A contact as well. it is the same as in post 6 but with no NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back