Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Relay Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrYu

how to connect the NO and NC of relay in actual i know to connect the part until A and B of the relay?
and i have this relay 12v JZC-20F 4088 is this a SPDT type?

Last edited:
relay contacts are just a switch. the only difference is that is moved by magnetic field instead of your hand.

i used spdt in simulation but i'm not sure in actual if the relay is spdt coz it's not working and i don't know if my connection to the contacts are right , i just test a led first before going to AC.

accordign to datasheet it is SPDT:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/04/12522.pdf

pinout is shown on the very top of the document.
you can check the relay using multimeter (in case you didn't have the datasheet).
pins that measure 0ohm are NC and COM (normally closed and common contact)
pair of pins to coil would have resistance in tens or hundreds of ohm.
remaining pin that has high resistance to all other pins is NO (normally open).
you would normally use COM and NO to drive load.

note that COM is between coil contacts. normally you bring power to COM and connect load to NO but they can be reversed (as I've done in first reply to avoid clutter).

My project is still not working and i change some of my codes

Last edited:
it is possible that any component can be faulty but there has to be reason for it.
your configuration must match, if you choose xtal in code, you better have xtal of right frequency connected, along with the capacitors.
if the outputs turn on, chances are they work but maybe they work way too fast.
if the led flickers 100s of times per second, it will look as if it was continuously on...
relay is slow electromechanical device and responds in some ~25ms.
so if you want relay to turn on and off, you should make sure it has time to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back