Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help regarding pic flasher..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anurag_Singh

I am making a LED flasher using the one given on Nigel's website.
When I opens the file using IC-PROG, it gives a warning that DEVICE ID VALUE MISSING... What could be the possible reason??

Also the configuration 0x3D18 includes the WDT DISABLED. Is it not necessary to enable it if we are using PIC 16F628.

The program starts like this -->

LIST p=16F628
include "P16F628.inc"
__config 0x3D18

Last edited:
Anurag_Singh said:
I am making a LED flasher using the one given on Nigel's website.
When I opens the file using IC-PROG, it gives a warning that DEVICE ID VALUE MISSING... What could be the possible reason??

That there's no reason whatsoever to require a device ID?.

Also the configuration 0x3D18 includes the WDT DISABLED. Is it not necessary to enable it if we are using PIC 16F628.

The program starts like this -->

LIST p=16F628
include "P16F628.inc"
__config 0x3D18

Only if you want to use it, and you MUST use it if you enable it, doing so on my tutorials will break them all! (unless you modify them).

I got a quick question for you Nigel. Can you tutorials be used on other pics (like the 12F629?)

As far as i know (not that that's much to jump about) it depends on what .h file you include in the top of the firmware (program)

Kryten said:
I got a quick question for you Nigel. Can you tutorials be used on other pics (like the 12F629?)

Yes, any 14 bit PIC's, you will require slight device dependent changes, that's all.

As far as i know (not that that's much to jump about) it depends on what .h file you include in the top of the firmware (program)

Not '.h', that's not an include file, it's a '.inc' file.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Not '.h', that's not an include file, it's a '.inc' file.

Ehh yes my bad..... I meant in stead of using p16f876.inc i use p12f629.inc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back