Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help regarding audio spectrum analyzer using active filters and lm3915

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) the LM3915 is built to drive LEDs not a transistor. Change R2 from 100k to 10k or maybe 1k to get the transistor to turn off.
2)I do not know what your VCC is. You have VCC across 3 LEDs with no current limit resistor. This is a bad idea. You need a resistor to limit current in the LEDs.

I would be using regulated 9.8-10v from 12 v source so i guess i wont b requiring resistor,
And ok would try 10k resistor value thnx

Last edited:
Please learn about the basics of electronics.

GEEEZ. There should be a separate website for theez nOObs who know NOTHING about electronics!

Well mr AUDIOGURU, no one is perfect , m not experienced like u ur 30 yrs older then me,
There must b a time when u were having much lesser knowledgethan me, no one is born with knowledge nd u were also not born with it........

If u fell so much irritated nd u feel proudy for having knowledge then u should go and join some other website for irritated nd frustrated people like u.....Or u should not reply. ... No one is forcing you u to reply my questions or any ones question whoom u seem to be a noob

I always respected nd thought you love to help people, i dont know how u managed with your own children when they used to ask simple nd silly questionssss..... I am sorry to say all these words

But whatever i said is true nd u hurted my feelings..plz dont call urself COOL DUDE

If i was at ur age with experience likeu, i would help even that person who does not even know the A B C... Of electronics cz i awnt forget that i even learnt from a scratch one day.......

Have a great day

Last edited:
Two things I can think of.
1) bread board problems causing oscillations. You may have a opamp or LM3915 oscillating. OR Ground noise. Power power supply noise.
2) the capacitor in the peak detector needs to be larger. That will hold the value longer. Try a much larger cap and see if it helps.

i used 330 nf cap instead of 100nf cap and now its working very smooth thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back