Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Reading Diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I was so vague in my original post, my boss actually showed up while I was posting that lol

Anyways, I have basic understanding of reading schematics but in this one nothing is really connected. It has the serial port and pins listed on one side, then in the middle some other wiring, at the top it has the power supply wiring, and then on the right side it has the micro-chip pins listed... I'm going to take another look at it and see if I can figure it out. But any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

It is common, to avoid clutter on a schematic, to label the wires(signal nets) with a text string. The CAD tools wil connect wires with the same name. It's not very human friendly, but it is what it is.

I agree with PB here. If you see stuff like -----+5v then every hanging net elsewhere on the schematic with +5v-----[IC or part , are connected. Same goes for any other net name they chose, like -----domahicky_pulse/

with this diagram it's got strings attached with Random letters it seems lol. Pretty confusing to me but I think I may have it for the most part. Thanks though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back