Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help!! Problem with IR sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

govinho88

Hi guys,

I tried building an IR sensor circuit, but there seems to be a problem with the detection range and material of detection. It can seem to detect a white paper...However when I put a receiver and a transmitter directly opposite each other it seems to detect. I am guessing that somehow , the IR emitted by my transmitter is not reflected back into my reciever...can anyone help by giving any suggestions..

Hi guys,

I tried building an IR sensor circuit, but there seems to be a problem with the detection range and material of detection. It can seem to detect a white paper...However when I put a receiver and a transmitter directly opposite each other it seems to detect. I am guessing that somehow , the IR emitted by my transmitter is not reflected back into my reciever...can anyone help by giving any suggestions..

Hmmm... I'm a little mentally drained from Tropical Storm Fay, so my psychic powers aren't working today. Guess we'll have to do this the normal way...
Need a schematic, a photograph, even some part numbers, to even hazard a guess about what you are doing. There are several ways to do this, and quite a selection of parts to choose from...

Well ok..lol!

The circuit that I used was from this webpage:

**broken link removed**

If you have faithfully followed his schematic, and have used his trouble-shooting suggestions, what's your problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back