Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electro-Ghost

does any one now where to connect the negative side on the battery to in thiis circuit its supposed to be a megaphone**broken link removed**

Connect all the earth symbols to the negitive supply.

Why start a new thread?

and for the 470 uf connected to the switch can i just connect 2 220 uf non polarized
and does it really matter if all those caps are polarized

Please only make one post at a time, answering multiple posts is a pin in the neck.

Electro-Ghost said:
and instead of .22 uf can i use .47
Yes.
Electro-Ghost said:
ok
ty will a 8 ohm 1 and 1/8 min mini speaker work
Yes.
Electro-Ghost said:
and for the 470 uf connected to the switch can i just connect 2 220 uf non polarized
Yes.

Electro-Ghost said:
and does it really matter if all those caps are polarized
No. All polarised means is you must connect the capacitor the right way round in the circuit, non-polarised capacitors can be connected either way round.

if u connect all the ground symbols the the negative supply. couldnt you then just run one main wire from the negative to a ground in order to ground them all?

Yes, obviously.

Electro-Ghost said:
if u connect all the ground symbols the the negative supply. couldnt you then just run one main wire from the negative to a ground in order to ground them all?
I'm not sure if you think you need an earth ground. You don't. The ground symbol is just a way of indicating the common node in the circuit. You just need to connect all of them together with a plane or with heavy bus wire (as short as possible), and connect the negative terminal of the battery to that same node.

I agree with Ron, I wasn't thinking you actually meant a real earth bond, that's only used for some high voltage circuits.

A plane in this context is simply a flat solid copper layer on a PCB with out any tracks.

If you want but you don't really need to. Ground is just a referance point in a circuit, it's considered to be 0V, if you like you can take the poisitive end of the battery to be 0V then all voltages would be have negitive values. In practice, this makes no difference, like I say this context the word ground or earth is purely theoretical.

It sounds like you dont know much about electronics. You should pick up a 300 in 1 learning lab from radio shack. It will teach you a lot.

Electro-Ghost said:

A good, convenient point would be pin 4 of that OpAmp IC.

Brian

I have to ask what you plan to use that "mini-megaphone" for? Talking to the person who's seated in the same room with you?

HiTech said:
I have to ask what you plan to use that "mini-megaphone" for? Talking to the person who's seated in the same room with you?
Less than half a watt into his dinky little speaker won't be any louder than his actual voice in a room. If he used a horn type of speaker as is used in a real megaphone then it will be loud enough to deafen someone in the same room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back