Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help pls..

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlandrewg

I would like to build this project and make some modifications. I would like to use a rechargeable battery for the circuit. My problem is that I dont know how to place the connections from the charger to the battery. If I use a 9V power supply as a charger, would be Ok? I am looking for a charger circuit right now. I cant seem to find a circuit with indicators if the battery is still charging and if it is already full. I would really appreciate your help. I would also appreciate it if you could help me with a circuit that would charge my circuit even if it is in use.. Like those in cellular phones and stuff. Thanks a lot.**broken link removed**

What's the voltage/type of battery that you are using? Some batteries require special charging (Lithium Ion?). If you dont charge them right, they could explode.

jrz126 said:
What's the voltage/type of battery that you are using? Some batteries require special charging (Lithium Ion?). If you dont charge them right, they could explode.
i think the guy has juz asked about the connections which is same for all values of battery! what u say

jrz126 said:
one more thing i would like to ask i know thats funny but will u tell me what is his ckt about?

kpsoneji said:
one more thing i would like to ask i know thats funny but will u tell me what is his ckt about?

You should be able to guess easily enough! - it has a start button, a relay for the output, and a switch marked '15 minutes/30 minutes/60 minutes'.

Doesn't that give you any clues?.

What sort of battery is it?

If it's a small Nicad of NMHi don't worry whether the battery is full or empty, just connect a series resistor and a small power supply like a mains adaptor.

Nigel Goodwin said:
You should be able to guess easily enough! - it has a start button, a relay for the output, and a switch marked '15 minutes/30 minutes/60 minutes'.

Doesn't that give you any clues?.
no i havent ever seen this type of ckt sorry but i want to know will u plz telll me...

I suspect there has been some fiddling with the posts
I cant see any description of a circuit except nigels statement .What is it and what does it do . Are you only concerned with a battery charger connecting to your battery?
Why not use a solar power regulator I do. Checks the battery and turns off when a set state is reached . More sophisticated PIC circuits are on this site

Is this a wind up or what?.

Start button.
Switched marked 15 minute/30 minutes/60 minutes.
Output relay.

How can ANYONE not come to the conclusion it's a countdown timer?. As the relay driver is AC coupled, then the output will turn ON briefly as the circuit times out.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Is this a wind up or what?.

Start button.
Switched marked 15 minute/30 minutes/60 minutes.
Output relay.

How can ANYONE not come to the conclusion it's a countdown timer?. As the relay driver is AC coupled, then the output will turn ON briefly as the circuit times out.
thanks sir but really i had not gone through any type of timer ckt thats y i asked u thanks again

kpsoneji said:
thanks sir but really i had not gone through any type of timer ckt thats y i asked u thanks again

It's not the circuit, it's the controls that give it away.

If you have a wodden box with a glass front, and knobs labelled Volume, Brightness, Contrast, and Colour - wouldn't you suspect it might be a TV set?.

Try using an Op-amp in a comparator configureation.
fix one input to a zener diode with the cut off voltage of the charger.
this should give you a constant charge cct. that charges the batt whenever its voltage drops below the voltage fixed by the zener. However if you want to build a cct for spike/rapid charging and then tricke charging, its going to be another project on its own.

Take care as jrz126 said what's the type of batt you wish to charge, cos if you try to charge the wrong type of batt with the wrong charger you might end up in hospital.

So take care.

I'm Planning on using a NiCAd battery. Btw, its a sleeping aid circuit. I already have a circuit for the charger. My only problem now is that I have to produce a 16.5 DC power supply from a 220V source. Thanks for the help everyone.

How about posting the circuit for the charger?

Do you want to make it so it charges when the power is connected then automatically switches over to the battery when it's disconnected?

That is very easy to do using switching diodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back