Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a simple sonar - you measure the time it takes for the reflection from the object. You can then calculate the distance based on how fast sound travels.

Nigel Goodwin said:
It's a simple sonar - you measure the time it takes for the reflection from the object. You can then calculate the distance based on how fast sound travels.

thank you.. do you also know how to connect the circuit to pic16f877? where to connect it? should i connect it to a ccp pin?

okay. do you know anything about the "handy board digital port" in the diagram? the one on the extreme right of the receiver circuit. is it necessary to be connected to the collector of the transistor? i'm really sorry i'm really a noob when it comes to electronics.

wowowee said:
okay. do you know anything about the "handy board digital port" in the diagram? the one on the extreme right of the receiver circuit. is it necessary to be connected to the collector of the transistor? i'm really sorry i'm really a noob when it comes to electronics.

It's the output from the ultrasonic receiver, it feeds to an input pin so you can detect it.

Nigel Goodwin said:
It's the output from the ultrasonic receiver, it feeds to an input pin so you can detect it.

okay. so i can connect it to a microcontroller right? oh yeah, one more thing. do you know of a circuit that interfaces pic16f877 with an rs232? because i'm also gonna use it for the project. i'm gonna use pic16f877 with the ulrasonic module and interface it to a pc using an rs232 cable. i have researched some circuits of rs232, the one with a max232, but i don't really know if that is what i need. can you help me?

Last edited:
wowowee said:
okay. so i can connect it to a microcontroller right? oh yeah, one more thing. do you know of a circuit that interfaces pic16f877 with an rs232? because i'm also gonna use it for the project. i'm gonna used pic16f877 with the ulrasonic module and interface it to a pc using an rs232 cable. i have research some circuits of rs232, the one with a max232, but i don't really know if that is what i need. can you help me?

Check out my PIC tutorials!.

thanks again man. seems like i'll never run out of questions. what if there are two or more obstacles within the ultrasonic beamwidth? can it detect the all of it? or only the nearest one?

okay. i think that's it for now. maybe in the next few days i'll have some more questions and i hope you can still help me with it. thanks again.

hello again,

i tried to test the circuit in the link below but it didn't work. i rewired it a couple of times and still it didn't work. is there something wrong with the circuit? or is it the ultrasonic module that i'm using? i think its made from china.

aoamb83 said:
insure that the ultrasonic module is working 1st this problem faced me before
good luck :)

how would i know if the module is okay? do the pins of the module have polarities? which pin should i connect to gnd?

That circuit is a simplified sonar. The output from it is logic high if an object is in front of it. It is only really useful for a robot that can use such limited information such as a maze solver. It cannot be used to measure distance.

Mike.

Pommie said:
That circuit is a simplified sonar. The output from it is logic high if an object is in front of it. It is only really useful for a robot that can use such limited information such as a maze solver. It cannot be used to measure distance.

Mike.

the output was a logic high when we used logic probes to the collector of the transistor. but how come the led didn't light up? do you know of an ultrasonic circuit that can measure distances?

Sorry, my mistake, the circuit outputs logic low when an object is detected.

A quick google turned up **broken link removed**

Mike.

Pommie said:
Sorry, my mistake, the circuit outputs logic low when an object is detected.

A quick google turned up **broken link removed**

Mike.

thanks man.. can you say that there is something wrong with the ultrasonic module that i'm using? because the circuit in my link didn't work when i tested it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back