Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattchew

Hi. New to the forum so please take it easy on me.
I have a project that i would like to make and be as simple as possible.
I can complete the exercise using several different systems but i would like to somehow simplify it into one package.

I have a long driveway about 600M long. I am installing gates at the entrance that I would like to control from the house.
What I am after is a multi channel TX/RX set up that will support the following.
1) CCTV with audio (PTZ would be an advantage)
2) 2 way door bell with intercom
3) Gate control (open / close)
4) encryption / security so others cant access or control.

It is pretty much line of site and I will have the antennas up on posts.

Thank you.

I've never seen anything that can do all that in one unit...
You can get all the bits individually, to work via Ethernet.

You would need a WiFi link to start with. A pair of TP-Link CPE-510 APs would give you that: https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-300Mbps-dual-polarized-directional-CPE510/dp/B00N2RO63U

Then, probably a SIP-based (VoIP) door entry unit.
They allow communications over a network to anywhere. You use another SIP compatible device (or a home telephone system if that is also SIP compatible) and the door entry unit just calls the phone number of whatever device you program it for - a single phone or a ring group on an exchange.

eg, just for some examples:
https://www.provu.co.uk/door_entry.html

The entry phone usually also has a relay contact output to remotely trigger a door or gate release.

Some include a webcam so you can see who is at the door/gate before releasing it.

With Ethernet, you can also add other IP cameras where you need them, just connect a small ethernet switch to the gate-end WiFi AP to get as many ethernet connections as you need.

Problem is i need a signal to travel 600M Tp link is good for 60M

Huh??

A pair of those have a line-of-site range of 15 KM - Around ten miles!
  • System-level optimizations for more than 15km long range wireless transmission

It's the Ethernet link + power cable that allows the AP to be up to 60m from its power unit.
  • Passive PoE Adapter supports up to 60 meter (200 feet) Power over Ethernet deployment and allows the device to be reset remotely

Yep. Misread the listing....

Looks like the go.
And ill get an IP intercom with latching output to open the gate.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back