Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Fender

Greetings. My name is Frankie.
Resistor stop flowing voltage.
Why have less voltage when all must be used?

I try to understand this. Why make less voltage then the ones you have? I read about Green Energy. Green is using all volts very carefully so you do not waste them.

My pappie bought me a shaver. The sticker says "green energy approved". So many things I need to understand.

Sorry to waste your time. This post bad and confusing one XXXX. I will try better next one.

You have a lot to learn.
1) Voltage does not flow, current flows.
2) A resistor limits the current, it does not stop voltage.
3) Green energy is using appliances that use less power. Then the appliances are efficient or are weak.

You have a lot to learn.
1) Voltage does not flow, current flows.
2) A resistor limits the current, it does not stop voltage.
3) Green energy is using appliances that use less power. Then the appliances are efficient or are weak.
The Question asked is: if we try to make green energy why we waste energy on resistors?

Without limiting the current with resistors then the current drawn could be massive and be a tremendous waste of power.
Resistors are usually not used on the high power output of a circuit, instead they are used at the low power input or controls of a circuit, then the resistors waste very little power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back