Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP Please!! Single Phase wiring diagram for 1HP Motor to contractor.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

WFMH

Replaced an AOSmith 1/2 HP motor w/ 6 wires with a Dayton 1HP (Model# 1TMY5 - Farm Duty Motor, 1 HP, 1725, 115/230v, 56H www.daytonmotors.com) - problem is that the new motor has 8 wires (P1, P2, T1, White, Yellow, Black, Orange and Red) and I can't seem to figure out the correct wiring schematic to connect into the contractor with the four wire harness (Yellow, Grey, Purple and Blue) that was supplied with the control box. This entire setup is for an industrial shop door (Liftmaster Model T) and I have the power coming off of a 20amp breaker and then four control wires to a control box (Open, Close, Stop). I have the single phase wiring diagram (T - Industrial-Duty Trolley Operator for Standard Lift Sectional Doors) but it only shows a two wire configuration connection to the motor.
Maybe I have the wrong motor? I'm in a "pickle" as the weather is turning here in KS and need to get this thing working ASAP. Thanks in advance

Sorry - the Dayton motor is 8 wires - but as I'm digging deeper it seems that the fact that the old motor is Motor: "Continuous-duty high-starting torque motor with instant reverse and overload protection. Removable without affecting limit switch settings." I think the new motor is wrong.... because when I enter the specs on the daytonmotors.com site the Farm Duty Model #1TMY5 doesn't show that the motor has "instant reverse and continuous-duty"
lastly - the 8-wire seems to indicate that motor is the wrong type anyway?

Can you post a clear picture of the wiring diagram, and also one from the old motor and how it was wired?

It's the middle of winter. How can the weather be turning?

Sorry - the Dayton motor is 8 wires - but as I'm digging deeper it seems that the fact that the old motor is Motor: "Continuous-duty high-starting torque motor with instant reverse and overload protection. Removable without affecting limit switch settings." I think the new motor is wrong.... because when I enter the specs on the daytonmotors.com site the Farm Duty Model #1TMY5 doesn't show that the motor has "instant reverse and continuous-duty"
lastly - the 8-wire seems to indicate that motor is the wrong type anyway?

I think it is the wrong one.

It sounds like a three phase motor.

There will be three windings, one for each phase, each will have two wires, the third pair is probably for a thermal cut-out but it could also be for the rotor field, if it's a synchronous motor.

The windings can be either connected in delta or star (wye) configuration: the former gives more torque than the latter. If the third pair is for a thermal cut out, they should be connected in series with the coil of the contactor connected to the motor, if they're for the rotor field, they should be connected to a DC voltage: normally a lower DC voltage, I'd assume 24VDC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back