Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help please, monitor circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

rooster11race

using lm3914 circuit, 12v+ regulated passed through 1k 1/4 w resistor to a 10 segment led bar graph. lm3914 grounds individual segments on the bar graph, have another circuit using ic555 as a led flasher, need assistance with what to use to monitor the individual segment of the led so when lm3914 shuts off the led, the ic555 will recieve signal to flash a seperate led. not familiar with what to use, the current spec on the led is 20ma and believe the ic555 needs its signal to be the same as input voltage.

the circuit for the lm3914 is a fluid lever indicator i have already set and adjusted for 1 led on graph = empty, 10 led on graph full, operates on a 13v-14v supply regulated to 12v, want the ic555 to flash a red led warning light when the second to last led on bar graph shuts off. on a normal automotive relay with 5 terminals, when there is no activation to turn relay on power passes through one terminal an when on passes through a different one. but i think that the solenoid on the relay may require more amperage than the lm3914 will allow to ground though it with out damage, can some one help

i cant monitor the 12v+ input because its full time, need to monitor the the grounding of the circuit, to intern activate a swtich that sends 12v to the ic555 flaher signal input

Last edited:
i seen that radioshack has some small blue relays that are a solder style that may work does anyone know what would be the max current that a lm3914 can ground through the led terminals with out over heating or destroying the chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back