Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help..Opto-Refective switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdsumlin

Hi, and thanks in advance for any help. I am building a crank sensor to interface with my computer. The part I needed is obsolete, so I ordered the substitute part suggested. Unfortunately I missed something and the wireing from the "opto-reflective IC" is different. I need help putting this circuit together. I need a pulse output, neg or positive, as a reference. this is the original circuit and part.

**broken link removed**

the part I recieved, opd770tz is:

**broken link removed**

what type of circuit do i need to make this work.
Thanks again, and Merry Christmas.

hi,
I make it this change.

Does this help?

Last edited:
using a 330 ohm r3 works, but the rise/fall times may be slow, have to experiment now, thanks for your help.

cdsumlin said:
using a 330 ohm r3 works, but the rise/fall times may be slow, have to experiment now, thanks for your help.
hi,
Working from +5V, with the Emitter having a forward voltage drop of 1.8V, leaves only 3.2V across the 330R, so the emitter current is only 10mA.
Use a 150R emitter diode resistor, to give 21mA, this will increase the response/sensitivity.[ the emitter is rated upto 40mA]

Lets know how it goes..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back