Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help on using 12v relay to control 5v voltage alarm circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhchong

hi all,my question is how is the connection of a 12v relay to control a alarm circuit?

basically im using a PIC to give the relay a signal.it means when there's an error or maybe warning it will only activate the alarm circuit.assume the signal given to the relay is logic 1.

the alarm circuit is shown as below.this circuit works under 5v~15V,it means when voltage is supplied,it will activate it straight away.but i dun want it to work that way,but instead of using a relay to control it as said above.

appreciate for help :)

Attachments

• alarm circuit.JPG
    alarm circuit.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 307
Do you simply want to put the relay in place of the on/off switch in the schematic you posted?

That would be very simple to do. Have you used a relay before?

You won't be able to use a 12v relay directly from a PICs I/O port though. A PIC can't supply 12 volts or more then 25 mA.

You could look for a very small 5v relay that uses less then 25 mA to activate, or use a transistor or MOSFET insted.

A transistor with a series base resistor can be driven by the PIC and the collector of the transistor can control the reset pin of the second 555 that has a pullup resistor. Then the transistor performs like a low current relay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back