Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help on useing test equipment right

Status
Not open for further replies.

windtech

OK i have a frequency counter. now I'm using this for RF. what probe setup do i need for this. or can i just use a scope probe set on 10x. measuring Chrystal's and such, mostly I'm well below 30 MHz. some around 10hrz. i know how to use a scope but this thing is new to me buy the way its a fluke 1900a

10X scope probe should work OK.

Ken

10X scope probe should work OK.

Ken

Assuming that the counter input is 1meg, with a similar input capacitance you would find on the Oscope vertical input.

Just keep in mind that when measuring crystal circuits even with a 10X probe you're loading the crystal slightly so the frequency you measure is not going to be 100% the same as when the scope probe isn't attached.

I agree. If this is for Microcontroller PIC AVR etc timing applications, what I do is program the PIC with simple code that toggles an output pin every 256 cycles (ie in a 256 cycle timer interrupt so it is exact).

Then measure the freq on that pin with a frequency counter and any scope lead you like. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back