Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help on robot project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksavona

hi i just got into building beam bots as research for my final digital 3D design project and i need to build a smarter robot. my initial idea was to use the same light seeking curcit with different diodes like IR detectors to make the bot follow objects. then i went all wild and came up with some new ideas that would probably require a Microcontroler. i have read a post on the pic chips but i still have some questions on it.

1: if i get the pic board and the mikroBasic for PIC will that work the same as having the PicBasic compiler cos i really dont want to pay for that.

2: if mikroBasic for PIC is will work with the board is the programing language the same as picBasic.

thanks kris

Are you brand new to Microcontrollers and PIC's? If so you may want to start out small, I dont have too much advise for you but maybe Blueroomelectronics will.

Good Luck

hello,

my first project using a pic (116F89A) was a light follower robot, back in 2004. ever since i switched to ATMEL specially the AT89S52 and ATMEGA16.

you can find on my website many ressources, it can give you a couple ideas, then you can discuss them here if you want.

thanks for the replies guys and cool website man.

ok so heres the deal i know very little about electronics or microcontrolers all i know i learnt this past week from reading sites and pdfs. the robots i have built are beam bots which move towards light using solar power. what i need to do is to simulate animal behaviour in some robots to make them look like they are thinking and have instincts. the reason i'm doing this is because i want to creat an animation for my minor project which will show a potential evolution of a programmed robot with a particular function (eg: building other robots) to a robot which is self aware and has no function other than self preservation (eg: human). i'm building this robot as research on:
what makes a robot
what would be considered to be efficient and evolved by a robot.

did that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back