Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help on Relay circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ycho

Hi

Can anyone indicate the pin of the attached relay circuit.
**broken link removed**
pin 1 = coil pin (-)
pin 2 = coil pin (+)
Pin 3 = Common contact (C)
Pin 4 = Normally-Closed contact
Pin 5 = Normally-Open contact
Did i state those pin correctly?
Basically i am doing room light controller. My relay should turn off all the time and if there is a people goes in the room the relay will turn on the light. So from this case the light bulb should connect to NO right? Instead of NC.
Lastly i had modify the circuit and its show below
**broken link removed**
Can the new modified circuit worked same as the above circuit?

Thanks for the reply

Are you saying that the relay coil is NOT energized when there are people in the room?

NO,

When there are people in the room, the light bulb will always turn on. When there is no people in the room, the light bulb will always turn off.

If you want the lamp on when the room is occupied, and and your people detector pulls in the the relay coil only when the room is occupied, then you should wire the lamp to the Normally Open (NO) contact on the relay.

Also, you should place the fuse between the LineIN and the Common (C) terminal on the relay.

HI Mike ML,

Yeah, my light bulb is connected to Normally Open (NO) contact on the relay.
"you should place the fuse between the LineIN and the Common (C) terminal on the relay"
I don't understand this part.
You mean place the fuse in between 230V AC socket and common pin on the relay?
Or can i remove the fuse from this circuit?

I have a stupid question here.
Common pin is always contact with NC pin (I mean the design of the relay)?

Thanks for the reply

Last edited:
NC means Normally Closed. That contact OPENS when the relay coil is energized.

The fuse should always be closest to the Source of the Power, in your case, the plug-in cord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back