Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help ON PVC160203 using PIC16F84A

Status
Not open for further replies.

raijuta11

Dude the newbie is kinda having trouble making simple circuit on this
LCD - pvc 160203.

well could someone help for some circuit and a sample program that will output "Hello World" on the first line and "Hi There on" the second line. I been using PIC16F84A...

Thanks in advanced. hipoe someone would help..

raijuta11@yahoo.com:)

The datasheet for that can be found here
As for whether it is HD44780 compatable or not, a quick look at the Instruction set suggest that it is compatable.. However, i am not sure if there is a need to look deeper and compare the timing or the pins signal or not.

So, for now, the best thing is hope that it is compatable.

Now, since you say that you are a newbie, if you are using assembly then you would want to check out .
If you are using C then I suggest that you choose your compiler and then look at your compiler's sample code. Sometimes those sample code shows you how to connect the LCD to your PIC so you just connect it accordingly and learn from the sample code.
If you plan to use CCS C compiler then you may find this **broken link removed** helpful.

Happy learning..

thanks

hey there thank you so much.. this data sheet would really help...

well... as for now we can manipulate PIC16f84a (coz it easy to use).

thank you again..

i am planning to use the circuit in this link **broken link removed**
to PVC160203... are they the same?

do PVC160203 and HD44780 the same in all ways??

but i hope that there would someone who can post a sample program..just a basic.(first line and second line)...

Last edited:
Hai, Raijuta11,
Are you getting these PVC16203 displays and if so at what cost?
Perhaps JHD162A works well . I use it.And it is cheap too at say IN Rs110/-

Also please observe the Asm file you referred in the link, it reads at line 131
Code:
;LCD COMMANDS--- i have written routines for only 2 basic commands,
				; one has to write routines for shifting display/crussor, home crussor etc.
				;it's easy just follow datasheet and i'll include it someday!

Perhaps it is not a full fledged version, I fear.

P s: please use the revised hex file given below

it is working on simulator. I have added config word.
below the processor select line.
Code:
            _config 3ff1h

Last edited:
In continuation of my previous post, the Error message received when tried on Oshonsoft PICsimulatoride , is indicated below. this message came with original .hex file also. However the hello world was displayed on the simulator with error message.
" New command or data received while LCD was busy. LCD will not behave properly and probably display some garbage data. Appropriate delay interval in your program should be increased."

Last edited:
a HUge WOW

waw!!

this furom is awesome...

a big help and thanks to MVS SARMA...

... when i tried to make a project i find the available LCD in our locality, somehow this PVC 160203 is the only one available and it cos about $ 33.

it is true that it is expensive for a little project, so iam thinking whether i use Another LCD (maybe i can use NOKIA's Cellular phone LCD's) or i would stick to PVC 160203 LCD...

:D :D

mvs sarma said:
Hai, Raijuta11,
Are you getting these PVC16203 displays and if so at what cost?
Perhaps JHD162A works well . I use it.And it is cheap too at say IN Rs110/-

Also please observe the Asm file you referred in the link, it reads at line 131
Code:
;LCD COMMANDS--- i have written routines for only 2 basic commands,
				; one has to write routines for shifting display/crussor, home crussor etc.
				;it's easy just follow datasheet and i'll include it someday!

Perhaps it is not a full fledged version, I fear.

P s: please use the revised hex file given below

it is working on simulator. I have added config word.
below the processor select line.
Code:
            _config 3ff1h

sir cn u pls tell wre i can get jhd162a lcd datasheeet... i dint get anywhere , pls help me sir

Norlin said:
https://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/127934/ETC/JHD162A.html

Also, a recommendation, don't type all retarded. Especially if English isn't your first language, it's hard enough to understand what you're trying to say without messing it up by abbreviating and shortening everything like teenagers do these days.
Norlin, I too got it from alldatasheets.com.
But it is partly in Chinese language. thus many Dots(.....) appear on the datasheet. Perhaps the company could have published an English version, that would have been very useful. I didn't upgrade my adobe reader8.01 to other languages as I can't understand anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back