Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP ON H-BRIDGE with HIP 4081A

Status
Not open for further replies.

kollybie

HI , i am facing problem using 4081A , whenever i control both motors and make it turn anti-clockwise and clockwise in a 1 second interval. The circuit start to break down. I have include shottkey diode and resistor along mosfet gate for fast turn off time. i have also put the two delay pin of the HIP4081A as 220Kohm. How to determine what value to put for the dealy pin of the HIP4081A ?

I am curious what is the purpose of having to put a huge capacitance value for the Motor supply ? which i did not include.

The circuit start to break down.
I am curious what is the purpose of having to put a huge capacitance value for the Motor supply ? which i did not include.
The purpose is to prevent the circuit from "start to break down".

In more detail, the motor needs a huge current when starting. A huge capacitor is required to provide this current. There are other circuit designs which can be more forgiving, but you have what you have.

I am facing problem with the standard circuit. it is able to turn clockwise and anticlockwise via versa but when it start to switch to another direction it will start burning the trace. My traces is 0.032 in width. my circuit has two HIP 4081A to drive two motor using 4 mosfet each. My power source for the motor i uses 12V battery. Isit because i only put one 1000micro farad cap at the source is not enough for 2 motor driver ? Must i put additional one more 1000 micro farad parallel to it ?

Switching the direction will consume twice as much current as simply starting in one direction. What current does the motor require to start (approximately the "stall current")? You need at least twice that amount to suddenly reverse it.

0.032 (inches?) seems like a narrow trace for high power.

yup is inches. i would like to ask if i uses the pin3 of HIP 4081A to disable it to stop my motor isit the correct way ? I also found out that if i put 5V to disable the HIP, the mosfet gate will have 9V isit normal ? and when i on it back that causes the shoot thru between the gate ?

You still haven't told us the stall current of your motor.

Now that you're asking about shoot through, we really need your schematic too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back