Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help on a project!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ah_Hui

Hi guys, I'm a beginner to electronic stuffs. I need some advice for my project.
i intend to build a atmel 89c51 based countdown timer. the countdown timer consists of 4 common anode 7segment displays(2 for hours and 2 for minutes) and all 4 7segment display are connected to 89c51.
here's my application, once the countdown timer reaches zero, it will trigger a stepper motor or a normal dc motor(also connected to 89c51).
in addition, there're 2 button to increase the timer(1 button to increase hour and another 1 to increase minutes) digits as well and also a start button to starts the timer.
can some 1 gimme an idea?

here's my question.
what decoder exactly to use for the 4 7segement display?..can i use 74ls47 to do it? to simplify my programming...etc..
the mose difficult part i think is the programming on the 89c51.i hope some one here can provide me a good site with assembly language tutorial as well...

thx guys...

Why use a microprocessor.

For such a simple application, all you need are decade counters.

See the post by johnsoax dated March 6, 2004 and my responses.

I did not post the final circuit as I corresponded directly with him via email. So, if you wish, I'll post the final one for you.

Len

another thing is..
i wanna add a button to my circuit so that everytime the button is pressed...it will alternate 3 different levels ...i.e high, medium and low
these levels actually decides how long the motor rotate before it goes off..
for example...for low..the motor will rotate a very short period...and so on...
in the beginning i thought microprocessor can solve my problem...since i'm a newbie to electronic stuffs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back