Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help on a LED light by a newb

Status
Not open for further replies.

timbo1212

Hi,
I want to build an LED light made out of 660nm and 470nm for growth. I am hoping to use as bright of LED as I can get.

I have found some on Ebay :
**broken link removed**

I want to pack them in clusters and run 12v or 24v transofrmer for the current. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Hi,
I want to build an LED light made out of 660nm and 470nm for growth. I am hoping to use as bright of LED as I can get.

I have found some on Ebay :
**broken link removed**

I want to pack them in clusters and run 12v or 24v transofrmer for the current. Any thoughts or suggestions?

hi,
The Blue LED's have a Vdrop of 3.0v to 3.8V at 100mA.
How many do you want to drive from the 'dc' voltage adaptor./

The Chinese spec's are confusing.
5 chips?
20mA or 100mA?
20 degrees or 40 degrees?

660nm is tough to find as it is not a common lighting color.

470 and 630 are straight forward and for maximum light for input power use lighting class LEDs, the little ones are a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back