Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

denis

hi i am new to all this but always been interested in how things work and would like to know how to go about making a pressure switch activated animated light display i worded this different in my first post but no one replied.basicaly i want to hit a target and the harder the target has been hit the more lights are activated reaching a certain point then returning to zero lights. i know this can be achieved its always easy when you know how any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated .

It would help to know the design of the target to better suggest what type of mechanical interface between the target and the switch is needed.

Conceptually you could use a spring to restrain the target and connect a linear potentiometer so that as the target is depressed, the pot will also be actuated. The output of the pot could be use to control the lights (such as with an LM3914 dot/bar display controller). If you want to do animation with the lights then a µC would be better for the control.

thankyou for replying the target will be hit by a rubber mallet so the pressure switch has to be robust the lights will be twenty in number in a line and be either low voltage or 240 volts i was going to try the old fashioned method of a slider with brass contacts so as a wooden puck passed them the light would come on but you cant have live contacts exposed. its basically a game were the harder you hit the target the higher the lights go the target would be made of a rubber pad with a heavy spring fitted into a housing of some kind

Last edited:
sounds like a job for a piezo sensor and some kind, interfaced to either logic or a micro to control the lights, sorry i dont know much about piezo sensors - but im sure you could google it

hi i am new to all this but always been interested in how things work and would like to know how to go about making a pressure switch activated animated light display i worded this different in my first post but no one replied.basicaly i want to hit a target and the harder the target has been hit the more lights are activated reaching a certain point then returning to zero lights. i know this can be achieved its always easy when you know how any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated .

hi,
Using reed switches embedded in the vertical guide of the 'puck' to switch a low voltage lamps.
One reed switch switch/lamp spaced at regular intervals up/along the guide for the 'puck'.
The 'puck' [sliding bit] would contain a strong magnet which operate the reed switch as it passes each one.

As the puck will be moving against gravity it will register the force, ie: harder means higher.

Or are you looking for a 'simulated' 'ring the bell system.?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back